Sunday, April 8, 2012

Carrot Recipe - The Super Sexy Kind

 By

While participating in a creme brulee demo in Paris I watched the instructor place brown sugar on the set custard before the final charring took place. I asked why brown sugar instead of white, as I had only seen it done with white sugar before. Without missing a beat she responded, in English, with a thick French overtone, "because it is more sexy." That is a good answer I thought. Brown sugar is definitely the sexier of the sugars.
This super sexy sugar carrot recipe is from one of my new favorite Food Network personalities, Alex Guarnaschelli. And it is super sexy because it uses dark brown sugar. Too sexy, too sexy! Below I have slightly modified her recipe.
Tip: these can be made before and reheated or even fully prepared then frozen for later. You can also substitute light brown sugar for the dark, but then they will only be sexy and not super sexy carrots.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. carrots - quartered lengthwise, similar thickness if possible
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 cup water, more if necessary
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Tbsp. dried rosemary, chopped finely almost to a powder
Heat olive oil to medium heat; add carrots and season with salt and pepper. Stir carrots to coat with oil and seasonings. After the carrots have cooked a few minutes add brown sugar and molasses. Continue cooking, stirring from time to time. Add water so carrots can cook and sugar does not burn. Cook until tender about 5-8 minutes. Sauce should be thick enough to coat carrots. Add rosemary and butter, stir to coat well. When butter has melted and carrots are fork tender they are ready.
In my past career I taught nutrition information, food safety, and cooking skills to low-income audiences. I have attended recreational cooking classes in both New York and Paris. Cooking, food, and eating are my passions. I recently quit my job to be a full-time mom and home manager. Although my new baby prevents me from traveling far away my enthusiasm for food lives on at my home through cooking, recipe research, and food blogging.

Natural Juicing Recipes
Secret To A Vibrant And Healthy Lifestyle
Made From Fresh Fruits And Vegetable Recipes

For More healthy food recipes visit http://theworldmosthealthyfoodsrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/workd-most-healthy-foods-recipes-index.html

For the world most healthy foods visit http://healthy-foods-index.blogspot.com/2011/03/healthy-foods-list.html

Follow my new blog at: http://www.homemomcooks.blogspot.com/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_M._Brand

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3379175

No comments:

Post a Comment